This is my curated list of iOS related programming resources. I will try to keep this as up-to-date as I can.
- Apple Documentation
- iPhone Dev 101
- Stack Overflow
- iOS Fonts
- WWDC Videos
- #iphonedev, #swift-lang, #cocoa-init on freenode IRC
- Practical Swift
- Swift Blog (Apple)
- NSBlog – Mike Ash
- Rapture in Venice
- Alexander Edge’s Blog
- iOS Dev Weekly
- Erica Sadun’s Blog
- Florian Kugler’s Blog
- Matt Galloway’s Blog
- F*ing Block Syntax – Block syntax cheat sheet, URL is NSFW, but site is ok.
- Hamster Emporium
- Borkware Blog
- We ❤ Swift
- This Week in Swift – Weekly newsletter about the goings on in the Swift community
- Soroush Khanlou’s Blog – I love some of his thoughts on view controllers
- Ben Sandofsky’s Blog
- The Swift Programming Language
- Design Patterns – Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software (Gang of Four)
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
- Reveal – Web inspector like tool for iOS development.
- AppCode – Alternate IDE, it has it’s ups and downs.
- PaintCode – Draw graphics and convert to CoreGraphics calls.
- CodeRunner – Run code snippets and experiment without building a whole new project.
- Sketch – Good app for designing pixel-perfect iOS graphics.
- Coffitivity – Ambient noise for creative people (sounds like you are in a coffee shop).
- NatureSpace – Ambient noise (nature themed)
- Base – GUI for editing and examining SQL/SQLite data stores
- RESTed – Tool for testing HTTP requests and API
- ASCIIwwdc – Full searchable transcripts of WWDC sessions
- Pixelmator – Excellent Mac only image editor
- Nomad – A set of scripts to assist with iOS deployment and debugging tasks.
- CocoaPods – Dependency Management for Xcode Projects.
- FauxPas – Inspects your project file and warns about possible bugs, as well as about maintainability and style issues.
- Pttrns – Design showcase, good for getting inspired.
- Dribbble – Again another design website, I use this to come up with ideas.
- PatternCraft – A short video series that explains software design patterns with the game StarCraft.
- Game Programming Patterns – Software development patterns for game design.
- That Thing in Swift – A site for help on translating patterns from Objective-C to Swift.
- Handmade Hero – A video series on building a game from scratch. it’s for Windows, but I still find it fascinating.
- SubtlePatterns – Royalty free patterns and textures.
- SimpleDesktops – I feel that a good wallpaper can help me get into a working mood
- Freesound – Creative Commons licensed audio content
- SwiftyJSON – A Better way to parse JSON in Swift
- CocoaConf – Excellent iOS/Mac dev conference with lots of locations, I have gone several times and highly recommend it.
- 360 iDev